Saturday, July 14, 2012

Digital Storytelling

For my digital storytelling project, I used Photo Story3. It was confusing at first, especially because I was unsure of how to eliminate the black backgrounds behind each picture and how to type over the pictures. I also had difficulty with recording, and Steve had to help me do it. It took some playing around with the program, specifically with picture effects and colors for text to make it look the way I wanted it to. I am really happy with the end result and I enjoyed putting the project together. I will definitely use this program again in the future for lessons and personal use. I think that I would be awesome to create an "All About Me" Photo Story to show my students on the first day of school. It could also be good for reviewing expectations and rules of the classroom.

My digital storytelling project is titled, "NASA: A Brief History and Resulting Benefits". I chose this topic because I plan on using it for my integrated unit plan. I plan on having students watch the video as an introduction to the unit and then they will complete two research projects. The first project will be on one of the space missions, and the other one will be on technology or an invention that has come from the research done by NASA. They will be specifically reading a publication by NASA called "Spinoff" to complete the second project.

No comments:

Post a Comment