Sunday, June 17, 2012

Response to The Power of Digital Media

I thought this article had a lot of interesting and valid points on how digital media has changed how we view and use media today. I liked that the article listed four aspects of digital media's flexibility that are beneficial for classroom application. The article discussed versatility, transformable, ability to be marked and ability to be networked. I related to the versatility aspect of digital media the most because of what type of learner I am. Versatility is definitely important for differentiation. The content can be displayed in many different formats, which allows the teacher and student to access it in any form or combinations of forms. I personally am more engaged when I see and hear or can hear and read because I am a visual learner, and the listening part by itself is difficult for me to pay attention to.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! The visual component of learning is amazingly powerful because it creates windows of perspective that may not be apparent through words alone. And when students create visual-related work, we enter an entirely different realm of their creative abilities and way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete