Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Power Point is Evil

I thought that the author, Edward Tufte, had some good arguments about Power Point, and I agree with many of them. However, I don't think that the problem is Power Point, itself, but rather how we use it. I agree that all the silent reading material, in combination with the speaker, is an overload of information in a short period of time. I have often felt in class (NOT in 554) that the teacher gave too much information on the slide and while talking at the same time. I am not a good multitasker. This kind of presentation of information makes me want to zone out, and I find myself not paying attention to the important information that they are trying to give to me. I think that if Power Point was used to just highlight the important stuff, in a few sentances or words with supportive pictures, then people like me wouldn't have to ask the teacher to go back to the last slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment